Friday, July 28, 2017

Inspired by...

My book And Then There Is Love was inspired by a conversation between myself and my girlfriend, Beth. We had been sitting in our local coffee shop, exchanging stories about our oh-so-important 20's. Both of us had fairly colorful lives when it concerned men and I'm sorry to say that we went to 'third base' before getting to know them. That was especially true of me.
I went to college at the University of California at Berkeley during the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights and the all-important Women's Liberation movements. There was a laid-back, devil may care, attitude that permeated life on and around the campus. Fellow students, hippies and street people were constantly spouting 'make love not war' and 'rights and equality for all,' blah, blah, blah. I adopted it all. I had become, in the 1970's, free, a Berkeleyite!
Well, since then both Beth and I have become quite a bit more moralistic (She's been married 32 years and I've been married 38). I suppose for people like my friend and I, we had to make mistake after mistake to become the women we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment